Sunday, June 8, 2008

Switch

I've never hear of the mangaka group Naked Ape before but I have to admit, they have really great story plot. While their art may not be as appealing as Clamp, their story plot and humor level is definitely comparable. Switch is a story about a group of investigators, independent from the city police, arresting and investigating illegal drug activity. Their circle does not only include Japan drug activity, but all over the world as well. As our main newcomer investigators, Hal and Kai, gets closer to capturing the leader and discovering the dangerous secret behind "Switch", they discover more and more of their own forgotten past and realize that they might be more involved in the conspiracy than they have previously thought. The plot is full of suspense and surprises. Of course, you can't compare it to the suspense of Death Note. But while we are waiting for another Death Note like manga, why not check this out for the time being.

So far, there are 11 volumes of this manga published. I, being able to read many languages, was able to read up to the latest volume through sites from other countries. In the few volumes that I read last night, there was a scene where Kai what totally freaked out cause he got caught between a gun fight because he was investigating a case undercover as a waiter. The deal between the two parties he was serving went sour and everyone pulled out guns. However, it turned out that the two people who initiated the gun fight were also undercover agents like him. In the end, all the bad guys got caught and the case ended. This scene left a great impact on me because last night I dreamt that I was a new agent and they sent me undercover as the boss of a newly formed but powerful gang. In order to be convincing, I had to beat up people and be ruthless. However, before I got to the dealings of the drugs, I was awaken by a call from my friend. Lol. I totally thought that I was still dreaming and that I was in fact sent by the drug investigators to be an undercover dealer and the actual drug dealers also gave me an alias as a college student. LOL. I was so confused that it took me 5 minutes before I realized that I just woke up from a dream and I finally worked out what my real identity is. Told you I get obsessed with stuff. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment