Monday, January 3, 2011

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale



Over winter break, Steam was having its annual Christmas sale on games. So I decided to try out this game that my friends have been asking me to get. "Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale" is a game in which you play a young girl, Recette, and run a shop to try to pay off the debt that your father left behind. You have one week to pay off a certain amount of debt, of which the amount increases more than double every week. In order to successfully run the shop, you must learn to negotiate, adventure, and take advantage of the news you hear.

After finishing the main part of this game (paying off the debt), I have to say: I am absolutely in love with this game! I have always liked playing management games like "Cake Mania" or "Sim City" and such. This game not only allows you to sell stuff, it also allows you to learn to bargain with your customers (whose price limit changes as you get on their good side), learn about each character, and fight monster to get items for your shop! I loved the game so much that I started keeping an excel sheet on my customers to keep track of sales lol.

If you like management games, I would say this is the game for you. I hope you all have fun! Capitalism, ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment