Friday, November 19, 2010

Kina Grannis

On Wednesday my college invited Kina Grannis to come to our campus to perform for us. I was so excited to see her!!! Kina Grannis started off as a youtube singer who writes and composes all her songs by herself. She became popular after she won a music video concert and had her song "Message from your Heart" played on the big screen at the Super Bowl!

I didn't know about her until my friend, who is like her number 1 stalker, played her songs repeatedly in her car. Before I knew it, I became obsessed with her songs too! I saw Kina performed for the first time in September. My friends and I made 4 signs that said "Bum" on it and we waved it when she performed her song "Message from Your Heart" when she sing "bum bum bum bum". It was so cute, and Kina acknowledged us during her performance and we were even on the live video online! At the end of that concert, Kina signed our sign and thanked us for being her first "bums."

On Wednesday we brought the same signs that she signed and sat literally 3 feet from the stage. When she announced that she was singing that song we waved our signs and Kina immediately recognized us from her last concert in San Diego! We were so happy! At the end of this concert we had her sign and date the banners again so we can collect her signatures every time she comes to play in San Diego!

I'll put up some of her videos for you guys to enjoy!

Message from Your Heart


Coolio's Gangster's Paradise performed by Kina (From Wednesday's performance)


If you guys wanna know more about Kina or see more of her videos, go check out her youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kinagrannis

2 comments:

  1. Woman,

    This is a cover of Coolio's Gangster Paradise (so, did not write. She referenced 5th grade because she loved to rap the entire piece when she was in 5th grade). Also, the No. 1 Stalker would like to note that the video for Message From Your Heart is not her first video of the song. It's only the tutorial video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my! Thanks for catching that! I've fixed it! :)

    ReplyDelete