Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Drunken Chicken 2


(This is Christine's picture. I will explain later why I don't have a finished picture of my own.)

So, like I told you guys in my last "Drunken Chicken" post, you can use the left over sauce for another recipe. We can all thank Christine again for this wonderful recipe. It is basically drunken chicken again except it can be eaten as a cold appetizer dish.

Ingredients:
- Chicken leg (remove the bone and keep the skin) about 3-4 pieces
- Sauce from Drunken Chicken enough to soak all the pieces of chicken completely
- salt just a bit for each piece of chicken
- White pepper just a bit for each piece of chicken
- Chinese rice cooking wine use as needed
- Veggies (optional)

Instructions:
1. Wash the chicken clean and remove the bone (There is a step by step picture guide on Christine's webpage at the bottom of this post). Remember to keep the skin. Rub both sides of the chicken with a bit of salt and white pepper.
2. Roll the chicken up and wrap it into sausage form with plastic wrap. Tie knots on both ends.
3. Steam the chicken for 20 mins. Take out chicken to cool then remove the wrap.
4. Soak the chicken in the sauces and put it into the fridge for about 6 hours.
5. Cut into pieces and serve with sauce drizzled on top.

After I cooked the chicken I just put it into a big ziplock bag and pour the sauce in to soak it. I have a picture of my wrapped up chicken but I don't have a picture of the finish product because I ate it with my friends and it was so yummy I forgot to take a picture first... <.<

The uncooked chicken in the wrap:


Read more: http://www.christinesrecipes.com/2010/08/drunken-chicken-legs.html#ixzz1601tyZiY

No comments:

Post a Comment