Saturday, November 13, 2010

Steam Sweet Egg

This is a recipe from one of my old blogs that I feel is worth moving over. Last year I found a online recipe for Steam Sweet Egg. It's a very simple and yummy Chinese dessert that my dad used to make all the time (one of the very few things that he can actually cook lol). That was the first time I tried to make it myself! The resulting product was a little bit sweeter than expected but the surface is very smooth and pretty looking! :D


(The bowl is chipped... Whoops <.<)

The original web page can be found here on Christine's Recipes: http://www.christinesrecipes.com/2008/04/steamed-eggs-with-milk-dessert.html
Since the recipe for this is in Chinese, I will translate it for you guys! This recipe makes about 2 servings.

Ingredients:
- 2 eggs
- 30 grams of sugar (amount can vary depending on personal preference)
- 250 mL of milk

Directions:
1. Beat the eggs until it becomes a uniform mixture. Warm the milk in microwave or sauce pan until lukewarm (do not let milk boil).
2. Stir together the milk, egg mixture, and sugar. Use a spoon to remove the bubbles floating on top (I usually just let it sit for about 5-10mins).
2. Use aluminum foil to cover the bowl (or bowls) and put it into the steamer. Use medium to high fire to steam for 12 minutes. Open the steamer's cover every 4 minutes to let out the steam.
4. Eat while warm or chilled in the fridge(I like it chilled X3). ENJOY! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment