Monday, November 22, 2010

Volunteering: Caring Town

I love volunteering! It all started back in high school when my small learning community made community service mandatory. At first I thought I would hate it but then it turns out it was tons of fun! Now I'm an officer of a volunteer club at my college. Every week go to at least one volunteer service opportunity with my group. Since I'm an officer, I also am in charge of finding events or organizations we can work with.

This year, I found a group called Caring Town. They are a group that rescues homeless dogs and helps them find forever homes or train them into service dogs. Currently they are also trying to do a reality TV show so they can promote their cause and get more people to help out.

For the past 2 weekends, we have been working with these 2 little rescued dog trying to get them ready for adoption. We did some grooming and some basic training on them (and on us since we are just learning how to train the dogs). Today we got Tommy and Jaque to "Look" and "jump" through hoops in just an hour. These little things are so smart and adorable. Tommy is fluffy like a little sheep while Jock doesn't have much hair to work with. So what I decided was to give Jaque a mohawk! He was so cute afterwards and it gives him so much character! Unfortunately those photos are not with me because someone else took the pictures while I was working on his fur. But I do have some cute pictures of them from last week! Please contact me if anyone is interested in adopting one or both of these puppies!

Tommy


Jaque

No comments:

Post a Comment