Monday, November 22, 2010

DIY: Ribbon Earrings



I went to Michael's After my volunteer service yesterday to get a spare part for a necklace that I broke by leaving in the washer. The I saw these Earring parts and got an idea to make my own earrings. Since I have been on a ribbon streak lately, I decided to make ribbon earrings. I bought two different styles of ribbons and made 2 sets of earrings. It is so easy to make! All you need is:

1. Hot glue gun


2. earring parts from Michael's (This picture is dark because I had to shade it from the light for you to see)


3. Ribbons of your choice


So all you have to do is tie a bow and glue it to the earring parts. I tried cutting the ribbon off either slanted (plain black ribbons) or exactly perpendicular (polka dot ribbon). I find that cutting perpendicular looks better and will last longer. While the slanted cut allows the ribbon threads to come apart too easily and it doesn't look like a clean cut. But I guess it's really up to your own preference. Have fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment